TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Juvenile Law    insurance company requests
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

insurance company requests Login/Join 
posted
An insurance company wants to know the names and address information for some juvenile's parents - to sue them civilly for a burglary of a vehicle charge. This office orders out of pocket expenses to the victim (deductibles usually), but does not order reimbursement to insurance companies. Can a prosecutor's office give those names and information to the insurance company?

Posts: 4 | Location: Seguin, TX, USA | Registered: May 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NO !

Tell them to tell their attorney to file a motion under Chapter 58.

There are lots of prior posts with the section numbers, including one on military requests.

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree. I tell the insurance rep that I cannot release information on a juvenile case, and cite the section of the Family Code -- 58.007(b)(5)--that allows the company to petition the juvenile court for the information.

Most recently, one company asked and received my standard answer. Several weeks later a different rep called. I referred him to my previous conversation with the other rep.

What part of "NO" don't they understand?!

Posts: 50 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When the insurance companies call us, we tell them we cannot give them the information, but that we CAN give it to the victim. Our judges have a written order in effect allowing us to give certain information to the victim in order to pursue a civil suit for restitution and damages. If the insured victim calls and requests it, we give the victim the juvenile's parents names and addresses - but not phone numbers. The insurance companies can always get the information from their insured.

Posts: 113 | Location: Houston, Texas,USA | Registered: October 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post