TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Juvenile Law    JUVENILE RECORD NOTICE OF SEALING
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

JUVENILE RECORD NOTICE OF SEALING Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone have a Notice of Sealing form that I could provide my Juvenile Probation Dept with? I can't seem to find one on the internet. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 24 | Location: Pecos County | Registered: April 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can anyone explain to me how the new automatic sealing of juvenile records is supposed to work? I've talked to other agencies, and noone seems to really have the same answer. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 24 | Location: Pecos County | Registered: April 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are suggested forms available through TJJD. We are trying to develop a protocol but there are some obstacles and some unanswered questions. We are about to submit our first batch to the prosecutors for their review. Who prepares the orders? Is that something the courts should do? I am general counsel for JPD in El Paso and we plan on having the department submit a proposed order if there is no request for a hearing but if the prosecutors object it is unclear as to what happens next. Why would the department be involved in setting a hearing and/or participating in a hearing? It is not our battle to fight, I don't think. It seems like a good idea but the law isn't well thought out. I believe some counties are not even making a effort to comply given the problems.

Posts: 3 | Location: El Paso | Registered: June 02, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I looked at the statute a couple of weeks ago, and I don't think that it specifies who should file the motion or prepare the order. It simply says "the court shall" seal the records. The Legislature in its next session may need to figure out how to make this occur (although I would just as soon they leave us alone!).

Posts: 366 | Location: Plainview, Hale County | Registered: January 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have a Motion for the prosecutor to submit to the court? Or...is there an "all in one" form that the JPO can sign showing that the case is eligible, the Prosecutor can sign showing no objection, then send on to the Court?

(And...if you HAVE such a form...may I use it?! Thanks!)

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<warren>
posted
Would anyone be able to disclose to me how the new programmed fixing of adolescent records should work? I've conversed with different offices, and noone appears to truly have a similar answer. Much appreciated ahead of time. Dont bother to visit my blog Dissertation Service

Reply With QuoteReport This Post