TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Juvenile Law    Is anyone using EPOs in juvenile cases?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is anyone using EPOs in juvenile cases? Login/Join 
posted
I was asked if a magistrate could issue an Emergency Protective Order against a juvenile. I said we should address the issue with Conditions of Release instead, but it made me curious if anyone else has used EPOs. (My case involved a victim who was not a parent or household member of the juvenile.)

Posts: 1 | Location: Lockhart, TX | Registered: November 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since the juvenile arguably can't dictate where he lives, I think it gets dicey. I have had good success with conditions of release - and sometimes sending parts of the issue to CPS.

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have also had good success with COR. I agree that is probably the best way to go on that issue.

Posts: 13 | Location: Waxahachie, TX | Registered: May 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post