TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Juvenile Law    Juvi Records Snafu
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Juvi Records Snafu Login/Join 
posted
OK, I know that I am the only one that will find it funny, but I am getting quite a chuckle over the fact that the special TYC committee is having to fight the same confidentiality problems with the juvi records that we have been fighting FOREVER...maybe they can get the Leg to fix that issue while they are working on the rest of that mess.

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No you are not the only one....

Posts: 15 | Location: Bastrop,Texas | Registered: September 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The thing that has me shaking my head is the attitude of "well, we know best, so we ought to be able to do what we want to do". Sounds remarkably similar to what we used to get from the "old" TYC. Actually, the "old" TYC would influence the legislature to make the rules in their favor. Some of that is what caused this problem we see now.

I don't have much faith that if the legislature allows the rules to be bent to accomodate the ACLU, LULAC, and the NAACP and allow them access into the files, that there are going to be any legislative changes that will "fix the mess" in a way that prosecutors will applaud.

Posts: 113 | Location: Houston, Texas,USA | Registered: October 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post