TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Juvenile Law    Modification to TYC
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Modification to TYC Login/Join 
posted
In the paperwork (the Order of Commitment to TYC), when modifying a dispo. to send the Juvi. to TYC, do you need to allege in the pleading the original adjudication, w/date and info, AND each and every modification prior to, OR is the original Adjud. enough?

I'm newer at this than the lady that is now preparing the paperwork for us and she hasn't messed w/Juvi. stuff for several years. She says that back when she used to do this, she would allege the adjudication date AND any and all modification dates as well. But the more recent samples that she has found seem to only use the original adj. date and leaves out the modifications.

Posts: 357 | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the past, you could only do a probation extention for one year so in order to show that you still had jurisdiction you had to show the progression of modification. Now that extentions can be for any term up to the child's eighteenth birthday, I don't think thats necessary. Only time I do a Mod history is if its a misdemeanor case and I need to show the juvis prior misdemeanor/felony/technical history.

When you guys are doing paperwork, don't feel like you have to reinvent the wheel. I have quite a collection of paperwork as does Sharon P. and I'm sure a number of the other prosecutors on here are more than willing to share.

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks alot. Will likely be taking you up on that offer.

Posts: 357 | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post