TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Juvenile Law    Non-public sex offender registration
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non-public sex offender registration Login/Join 
posted
If the court enters an order for non-public sex offender registration, is information concerning the registration forwarded to the juvenile's high school? Article 62.352(b)(2) says that it is only sent to institutions of "higher learning." The facts of the case, however, fit into the provisions of Article 62.054, which say that the information should be given to the public school administration.

Posts: 366 | Location: Plainview, Hale County | Registered: January 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The school should have been notified of the adjudication upon disposition of the case because of the provisions in the Code of Criminal Procedure Sec. 15.27.

Posts: 113 | Location: Houston, Texas,USA | Registered: October 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have not gotten that far yet. I am trying to make sure I have my ducks in a row on this one. Thanks for the input.

Posts: 366 | Location: Plainview, Hale County | Registered: January 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post