TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Juvenile Law    Certification, Jurisdiction, & Venue
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Certification, Jurisdiction, & Venue Login/Join 
posted
I accepted a case from another county based on the venue statute (51.06(a)(2)(c)). Although I'm sure the county from which I accepted this case would have kept it had they thought certification was appropriate, I am nonetheless interested in possibly certifying this juvenile.

Based on my reading of the various statutes, I think I can file the certification petition in my county. My question is whether if certification is granted, would the case have to be transferred back to the original county, as it seems that would be the only "appropriate" court for adult jurisdiction purposes?

Any and all input would be greatly appreciated!

Posts: 7 | Location: Williamson County, TX | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see you got loads of responses to your query!

I would think that jurisdiction would have to be in the county where it occurred, so you would file a waiver and transfer order together. But I guess this doesn't apply to you anymore!

Posts: 97 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's W.W.'s case now. I'll shoot you an e-mail when I get e-mail here at my new shop.

Posts: 7 | Location: Williamson County, TX | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post