TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Juvenile Law    confessions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

confessions Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone have a "go-by" memorandum or outline that you distribute to law enforcement for the purpose of instructing them on how to properly acquire juvenile confessions whether written or taped? I'm going to do a training on confessions but would also like my officers to have something practical in their hands when they are placed in this situation. And yes, I'm being lazy but why recreate the wheel if I don't have to...Any help would be appreciated.

Posts: 77 | Location: Montgomery County, Texas | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sharon Pruitt did a "Juvenile Custodial Confession Checklist". It's on p65 of TDCAA's publication on Juvenile's. Also there is a "Juvenile Non-Custodial Confession Checklist" on p66. I have used both of them before when giving advice or teaching classes for law enforcement officers. The publication is from TDCAA and I hope it is still available.

Posts: 113 | Location: Houston, Texas,USA | Registered: October 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post