TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Juvenile Law    Racing on Highway
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Racing on Highway Login/Join 
posted
Is this delinquent conduct? All I could find was an '04 AG opinion saying that it was not. Seems strange. Have their been legislative changes since then? Thx.

Posts: 77 | Location: Montgomery County, Texas | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes there have been changes. Look at 51.03 (a) (1) and then the definition at 51.02 (16). Greatly restricts definition of "traffic offense".

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have several juveniles being cited for racing and some for being a spectator at an illegal race (passengers in cars, mainly). What is the statute citation for spectators and the punishment range? I found a legislative note in TDCAA's Transportation Code Crimes book referencing that being a spectator is a Class C, but cannot find the statute for it. HB 1326 in 2003 says its about racing and being a spectator, but I don't see mention of spectators in the text of the bill. Are spectators considered "participants"? If so, then wouldn't that make it a Class B under Trans. Code 545.420?

Any help would be great!

Posts: 6 | Location: Ozona, Texas | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post