TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Juvenile Law    Memorial Book for Professor Robert Dawson
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Memorial Book for Professor Robert Dawson Login/Join 
posted
I have been asked to write a letter on behalf of juvenile prosecutors describing what Professor Robert O. Dawson did for and meant to our area of the juvenile justice system. (Similiar letters are being written on behalf of juvenile court judges, defense attorneys and probation officers). The letter is to be included in the Memorial Book to be presented to his family at the Memorial service scheduled for him in Austin on April 2nd.

I am inviting your comments and suggestions and good stories regarding your dealings with Professor Dawson. Help me out.

What should I say? I know I had a long relationship with him, and we didn't always agree, but we had some good lively discussions and give and take, and lots of laughs along the way, and I always treasured that. Right now, my grief at his death is more of a personal grief for a lost friend, rather than feeling a professional loss, but I know the professional loss is there and, as time goes by, I will feel it more and more. His death definitely will leave a big hole in the juvenile justice fabric of this state.

Please tell me what you think. If you would rather talk in person, feel free to call me in my office at 713 755 5874.

My thanks to all.

Posts: 113 | Location: Houston, Texas,USA | Registered: October 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post