TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Investigators    metroPCS Info
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

metroPCS Info Login/Join 
posted
We had a murder threat / kidnapping / Amber alert and found out the cell number of the suspect came back to a metroPCS provider. We called about 40 numbers without luck and wasted precious time hunting a good number for metroPCS. After help from the U.S. Marshal's Ofc. & The Center for Missing & Exploited Children, we finally found the main contact info. Here it is in case some one needs it:

metro PCS
8144 Walnut Hill Lane
Suite 800
Dallas, TX 75231
ATTN: Compliance Department

For Exigent Requests (Amber alerts / Bomb threats, etc.) 1-800-571-1265 & the option for "Exigent Requests" then they will fax form to fax back to 972-860-2635 for the completed form (signed by a "lieutenant or above" -- yes we tried to explain at great lenght we were police but w/o that ranking) and also to follow-up with a subpoena/court order. I will try to attach the form.

If I can be of any other help, please call us @ 972-825-5264 or email: ryan.getty@co.ellis.tx.us

P.S. They caught him and the girl was unharmed! One for the good guys!

Posts: 8 | Location: Waxahachie, TX | Registered: October 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, I have spent several long days trying to get through to someone in the past, and had finally given up on subpoena requests for them a couple of times, so this is "welcomed" info !

Posts: 8 | Location: Palestine, TX, US | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are absolutely the worst when it comes to responsiveness.

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The number to contact the MetroPCS Law Enforcement Support unit is 800-571-1265. This number is staffed 24 x 7 for exigent cirumstances. Our fax number is 972-860-2635.

In November of 2007, we moved from our location in Dallas, to our new home in Richardson.

Our new address is 2250 Lakeside Blvd, Richardson, TX, 75082

I am dissapointed to hear that you all had some bad experiences with my department, and I would like to give you good information in order to prevent this in the future.

My name is Steve Shiflet, I am the supervisor of the Law Enforcement Support Unit for MetroPCS. I have a staff of 14 employees and we currently process roughly 20,000 requests from law enforcement per month. Our call volume exceeds 300 calls per day.

Our biggest challenge and your cause of frustration is providing you all with contact information without readily posting our information on the web. The reason that no carrier posts this information on their websites or anywhere else easily discovered by the public is that we don't have the resources to handle any more calls from our CUSTOMERS than we already get. Of the 300 + phone calls we get daily, about 20% if these are from customers with various customer-service related issues that we are not equipped to handle. Should we post this number on our website, our call volume from our almost 7 million customers would increase so significantly we would not be able to answer the phone when you all call with a legitimate request.

I can assure you that we are here to assist you as much as we legally can. My staff includes former law enforcement officers who have been on your side of the fence and truly understand your concerns. We have received many letters of commendation from various law enforcement agencies for assistance above and beyond and I would like to do the same for you all. I personally have spent many sleepless nights on the phone and computer helping law enforcement locate one of our phones in exigent circumstances.

You are welcome to email me directly if you have any questions or concerns at sshiflet@metropcs.com or my department at leaquestions@metropcs.com.

Steve

Posts: 1 | Location: Richardson, TX, US | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information, Steve!

Posts: 2424 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To all of the Civil and Defense Attorneys that have been contacting my office looking for my former investigator Ryan Getty. The information you are requesting is posted in this forum. We will not be returning calls to give this information out to non-law enforcement agencies.

Posts: 11 | Location: Waxahachie, TX. USA | Registered: March 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post