TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Investigators    myspace.com records
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

myspace.com records Login/Join 
posted
I needing some help in obtaining some records from MySpace.com. I have contacted their legal department(1-310-917-4949 x 8) and left voice mails and emails with no luck. I was wondering if any other office has had the same problem. I'm currently working a case in which the defendant made some admissions on an armed robbery. I'm needing to issue a grand jury subpoena for those records. Any help would be appreciated.

Posts: 1 | Location: Hereford, Texas | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
David,

Call me at (512) 943-1111. I can email you with a law enforcement guide to obtaining records from myspace.com. They have a special # for LE and certain procedures for accepting subpoenas.

I think it will do the trick for you!

Melissa

Posts: 90 | Location: Georgetown, TX | Registered: October 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And, if you are attending the Annual TDCAA Conference in South Padre in September, come to the presentation on MySpace.com. Another fine service of TDCAA.

John Bradley
District Attorney
Williamson County, Texas

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Due to several calls from individuals that saw my earlier post and were not LE or with prosecutor's offices, I am quoting directly from the MySpace guide as to whom this guide CAN be given to:

"this guide is intended solely for use by bona fide law enforcement agencies and may not be distributed to any other person or organization without the express written authorization of MySpace. MySpace will require verification that the person requesting this Guide is a bona fide law enforcement officer or acting on behalf of a law enforcement agency or prosecutor's office"

Translation - if you aren't Law Enforcement or with a prosecutor's office, I won't give it to you because I can't.

Law Enforcement and prosecutor investigators, feel free to give me a call.

Posts: 90 | Location: Georgetown, TX | Registered: October 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post