TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Investigators    Subpoena for Skype
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Subpoena for Skype Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone ever attempted to subpoena account information from Skype? I have a defendant who is sending text message death threats to a cell phone using her Skype account. The texts are showing up from a 759-73 number. Any help is appreciated!!

Posts: 9 | Location: Wheeler, Texas | Registered: January 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't actually done one but this is the subpoena compliance info that I found. Looks like they are overseas, but they do say subpoena "or local equivalent" so basic search warrant might get the job done. Let me know how it turns out ...

Bruce Wilson
San Antonio PD SVU

Online Service: Skype Communications Sarl
Online Service Address:
23-29 Rives de Clausen
LuxembourgL-2165

Fax Number: +352-26-20-15-82

E-mail Address: lerm@skype.net

Note(s): To formally request records, please send a subpoena (or local equivalent) to Skype LERM by
email or fax.

Last Updated:

April, 2010

Previous Information: In April 2010, address was: 22/24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449, Luxembourg.

Posts: 2 | Location: San Antonio, Tx, Bexar | Registered: June 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The last times I obtained records from Skype, I didn't have any problems. They usually return records by email, but only to government email addresses (.gov, .us, .mil). One caveat to your subpoena or SW -- be very specific about what records you are seeking regarding the account. Also, make sure your subpoena or SW contains a specific non-disclosure clause or Skype will notify the user of your investigation. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Posts: 6 | Location: Richmond, TX | Registered: March 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Skype is actually a Microsoft product and has been a few years.

http://www.zdnet.com/microsoft...-figures-7000012950/

Posts: 1 | Registered: July 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post