Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

new user Login/Join 
posted
new user, just registered. more later.

Posts: 4 | Location: Richmond, Texas | Registered: January 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New Investigator or just new user?

Posts: 62 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New investigator. Came on board here in June. Just now got around to registering here.

Posts: 4 | Location: Richmond, Texas | Registered: January 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good luck with the job. Hope you have had a chance to check out all the information concerning the Annual Investigator School. Not only will you recieve a lot of great training, but you will meet some of the greatest people in the world..other DA & CA Investigators from around the State. The networking alone is well worth the trip. Let me know if you need anything up this direction and look forward to meeting you.

Posts: 62 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wish I was going to the Investigator's School this year. Two others in the office got the nod to go. Low man, you know how it goes. I'll be waiting until next year. Until then, I'll be looking forward to it!

posted Hide Post
WMD,

Maybe you are low man for February's school, but we also have a school for new DA/CA Investigator's in July in Austin. This school is designed for investigators new to a DA/CA office and focuses on the transition from the street or CID to what a DA/CA Investigator does.

It will run in conjunction with Trial Skills for new prosecutors. Watch this board for more info and your mail in late May for the brochure! Hope to see you there!

Posts: 90 | Location: Georgetown, TX | Registered: October 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That would be cool. In 6 short months I have found it to be a HUGE transition from CID. But my guys all made the same transition and are really helpful with it. I'll be looking for the info. Thanks.

posted Hide Post
WMD,

If you are still around (I tried emailing you but it bounced back), brochures for the New Investigator Skills course were mailed a couple of weeks ago. If you didn't get one, look at above to the "seminars" tab and find the 2007 Prosecutor Trial Skills to get signed-up.

Hope to see you there!

Posts: 90 | Location: Georgetown, TX | Registered: October 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been in law enforcement for five years now, and have worked both in patrol and investigations. I have a great respect for the jobs that District & County Investigators do, and would like to join the ranks someday. Can anyone tell me the best way to go about getting into this particular realm of the justice system?

M.M.

Posts: 1 | Location: Denton, TX, U.S. | Registered: May 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post