TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Investigators    Facebook Search Warrant
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Facebook Search Warrant Login/Join 
posted
I am looking for a little help. Does anyone have a template for a search warrant for Facebook, MySpace, etc? I don't have any templates for social media warrants. I have a preservation request already sent and need to get the warrant completed. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ray

Posts: 17 | Location: Plains, TX | Registered: August 14, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
The Legislature has changed the law in this area, effective June 14, 2013. You'll likely need a warrant issued under new CCP Art. 18.21, Section 5A. For help, contact Lori Burks in the Tarrant County Criminal DA's Office (817-884-1400)--she helped write the new law.

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much. I contacted her office and should have a template shortly. Much appreciated.

Ray

Posts: 17 | Location: Plains, TX | Registered: August 14, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Glad to help, Ray!

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If someone has a template, can you please forward me a copy? I'm working on a murder case and some facebook information (GPS/picture metadata) may prove to be very important. Please e-mail to Bobby.Lopez@da.co.hidalgo.tx.us.

Thanks,

Bobby Lopez
Hidalgo County Assistant District Attorney

Posts: 12 | Registered: January 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can someone please send me the template as well? kyler@co.harrison.tx.us

Thank You
Kyle Ready
Harrison County District Attorney's Office

Posts: 1 | Location: Harrison County | Registered: September 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post