TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Investigators    AG asked about prosecutors' reserve/non-paid investigators
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AG asked about prosecutors' reserve/non-paid investigators Login/Join 
Administrator
posted
See here for details:

AG opinion request #RQ-0730-GA

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dr. Dozier spoke about this matter at a TDCAA Investigator school in the late 1990s. I think it was the 1998 school in Austin. He specifically said that CA/DA offices can not commission reserve officers.

I remember a chief investigator, who was seated near me, that had a "OH S--T" look on his face. That office now pays their former reserves, so they are considered part-time peace officers.

Dr. Dozier also told us that there is no such thing as a "non-paid regular". You are either a Peace Officer (full-time/part-time) or a Reserve Officer, period.

Posts: 151 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How much would the CA/DA have to pay the "reserve"? Would $10 a year make them a paid peace officer?

Posts: 47 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post