TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Investigators    Stolen DA Badge and Weapon
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stolen DA Badge and Weapon Login/Join 
posted
Wanted to let everyone know that on December 8 (my birthday) I traveled to Kerrville to meet my son for dinner. While inside the restaurant, between 5 and 7 PM., some low life got into my vehicle and stole my Sig Sauer P220 (two tone), my DA Investgator badge, my office issued Dell laptop computer, and my Canon 10D digistal camera with a large and expensive array of lenses. KPD has been less than helpful (I cannot believe how I was treated there by the detective and the brass! Anyway, all are (NOW) entered into TCIC/NCIC.
Thanks
K.C. Breshears
Orange County DA

[This message was edited by K.C. Breshears on 12-24-06 at .]

[This message was edited by K.C. Breshears on 12-24-06 at .]

Posts: 19 | Registered: June 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is it with Kerrville & DA investigators? Isn't that where the Odessa DA investigator was arrested for stealing the artwork from the motel room a couple of years ago?

Posts: 130 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes it is. So what is your point?

Posts: 151 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just in case someone wonders why I edited a comment from my post, Apparently someone read my post and did not understand that we are all professionals and would know the comment was off handed humor.

P.S. To DJC, I am hoping your reply was also meant has some type of off handed humor, but I have to say if it was, I was not smart enough to get it!

K.C.

[This message was edited by K.C. Breshears on 12-25-06 at .]

Posts: 19 | Registered: June 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Car burglar nabs officer�s badge, gun

By Debby Schamber
The Orange Leader
Published: January 02, 2007

Nobody is immune to having their vehicle burglarized, including officers of the law.

K.C. Breshears, criminal investigator for the Orange County District Attorney�s Office, was visiting family members Dec. 8 in Kerrville Dec. 8. He went to dinner with his 25-year-old son, who is also a law enforcement officer. They talked over a steak dinner and had some father-son time together for about two hours.

�I was in my personal vehicle, which is also my police vehicle, which was parked close to the front of the doors of the restaurant,� Breshears said.

As Brashears started to drive down the road he thought about his weapon, which had been in a closed compartment. He looked around the vehicle and noticed it was missing. Also missing was his badge, laptop computer and camera equipment.

Breshears filed a report with the Kerville Police Department, but the items haven�t been located.

Breshears� weapon was a Sig-Sauer P220 owned by him. However, the laptop computer and camera equipment was owned by Orange County. The estimated value of the items taken is $5,000.

Brashears started his own investigation and posted a message on a Texas prosecutors� Web site (Tdcaa.infopop.net), which was noted by a staff writer of The San Antonio Current. On the site, Brashears wrote: �Please put a good country ass whoopin on whoever is wearing [my badge], prior to placing them in jail.�

Burglary of a vehicle is a Class A misdemeanor and has a penalty of up to a year in county jail. Theft of a firearm is at state jail felony and carries a penalty of up to two years in jail, said John Kimbrough, Orange County district attorney.

�If the person tries to use the badge and represent themself as an officer, it is a third degree felony and carries a punishment of two to 10 years in prison,� Kimbrough said. �We will continue to assist Kerrville PD in locating the equipment.�

Breshears� incident is not unusual for anyone, including law enforcement.

�This type of crime is rampant,� Kimbrough said.

Shortly before Christmas, in Denver, Colo., a federal agent�s high-powered semi-automatic handgun, bullet proof vest and handcuffs were taken while he dined with his family at a restaurant, according to a television station in Denver.

Reported to be especially troubling to law enforcement is the loss of the air marshall�s official identification. The identification is used to get on airplaneswith a weapon.

To date none of the stolen items have been found and no suspects have been arrested.

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you need information or a case update,Contact Inv. Ernie Lobello at the 216th District Attorney's Office. He's thier new investigator, he's a great guy and he's not lazy.

Posts: 2 | Location: Boerne, Texas | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post