TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Investigators    Commissions for reserve or nonpaid peace officers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Commissions for reserve or nonpaid peace officers Login/Join 
posted
This is my first time to post here and I may need to address this issue somewhere else. If so, please advise. I am an investigator for a district attorney's office. Our office carries commissions for about five reserve or nonpaid peace officers. In light of the Attorney General's recent opinion (April 20, 2009) stating that a county attorney is not authorized to appoint reserve peace officers, I am questioning whether a district attorney can. I would think the opinion would stand for both offices but since it was not addressed. I will be glad to do the reserch but thought it might save me some time and thought surely someone else already has the answer to this question. I would appreciate any suggestions and assistance. Confused

Posts: 3 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: July 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 151 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
posted 08-18-09
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aside from recent AG opinion GA-0709, does anyone have information concerning the appointment/existence of volunteer/unpaid peace officers who are not reserve deputy constables or reserve deputy sheriffs? Specifically, has anyone had to address the appointment of volunteer deputy fire marshals (volunteer fire marshal investigators)?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 25 | Location: Denton, Texas | Registered: June 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post