TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Investigators    Cell phone court order and search warrant
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cell phone court order and search warrant Login/Join 
posted
Working a capital murder case and have cell phones recovered from suspects. How do I get the number of the phones without it being considered a search or would that have to be part of the search warrant? Need to examine the contents of the phone txt messages and calls so I need a go by warrant if anyone can email me one.

Also need to get the phone records for a cell phone towers site history and txt message content. Do I need a court order for that or a subpoena to be served to the phone company? If anyone has a sample court order I would apperciate it.

homar.olivarez@lasallecountytx.org

Posts: 5 | Location: Cotulla, TX | Registered: July 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You should have the court order that I emailed you from the Office of the Inspector General of TDCJ.

Posts: 55 | Location: Palestine, Tx | Registered: February 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If anyone has an example of there cell phone search warrant and preservation letter I would greatly appreciate it.

Posts: 1 | Location: Brownfield, Tx, U.S. | Registered: May 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post