TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Investigators    Westlaw's Clear vs. TLO
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Westlaw's Clear vs. TLO Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone done much research between Westlaw's Clear program and TLO for information searchs on defendants? The office is thinking about subscribing to Clear. And I'm trying to find out if Clear actually provides better information than the free TLO program. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 5 | Location: Victoria, Texas 77901 | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I compared TLO, Clear, Accurint and Entersect during my "Digital Detective" presentation at the Annual conference in 2011. Cool My personal opinion?
TLO is/was FREE until October 1. Free is always good for government work! But, TLO just announced the better info will cost LE as of October 1. Red Face
Clear beats Accurint in the testing that I did (searching exact same thing in all the systems). But it was TLO that had a vehicle registration link that was less than 2 weeks old and no one else did....and it turned out to be correct.

Clear will give you a couple weeks of a trial of unlimited access for free. Get it, use it and TLO at the same time and see what works for your area!

P.S. My presentation also went into costs, using these systems in the field and report formats. Email if you don't have that presentation on disc and I will send it to you!

Posts: 90 | Location: Georgetown, TX | Registered: October 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Melissa, I forgot about your presentation and went back and found it. I've been using the free trial of Clear the last couple of days and from what I've come up with is TLO is just as good as Clear if not better and easier to use. In reference to the vehicle searches, TLO pulled up the info on a vehicle I bought 3 weeks ago, Clear didn't. I received the email indicating that TLO will be charging a fee for some of their information in October, but that fee is still much cheaper in the long run compared to the others. I recommended sticking with TLO and paying for their Premium service in October to the boss, he agreed and approved it. Clear charges per user, TLO uses a group rate. Thanks again for the reminder about the presentation.

Posts: 5 | Location: Victoria, Texas 77901 | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post