TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Investigators    Subpoena for facebook
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Subpoena for facebook Login/Join 
posted
Will someone please send me a copy of a subpoena you use for facebook? Please.

Posts: 3 | Location: Jefferson, Texas | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Emailed you one. Let me know if you need further.

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
need template for facebook subpoena. thanks!

Posts: 11 | Location: Richmond, Tx, USA | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would like a copy of this subpeona also.

Posts: 1 | Location: Texas,America | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like its time to update some info for Facebook.

This link http://www.facebook.com/safety/groups/law/guidelines/
will take you to Facebooks LE help page. Their guidelines are either posted, or linked to, at that page.

If you need help with specific language for inclusion in your subpoena/court order/search warrant, contact FaceBook before sending it and they will assist you. The contact info is on the web page.

If you need more help, the NDAA/APRI has some excellent publications available for free download to guide you through the murky waters.

This one in particular has a good discussion of when each type of process is applicable (subpoena/court order/search warrant).
http://www.ndaa.org/pdf/ecpa_i...taining_email_05.pdf

Good luck and good hunting!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TV,

Posts: 37 | Location: Dumas, Texas, USA | Registered: April 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For all non-public info on Facebook, the best practice is to use a search warrant, rather than subpoena, in order to comply with the Electronic Communications Privacy Act (ECPA).

Facebook will preserve the account in the meantime, by request via fax, email, or letter.

Posts: 3 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could you send me a example of the warrant that you have used to get Facebook records?

Posts: 10 | Registered: December 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post