TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Investigators    Change in the TX Helmet Law?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Change in the TX Helmet Law? Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone heard of S.B. No 1368? Supposed to go into law June 1, 2008.

It makes several changes in the helmet law, but I did not hear about it during the legislative update.

[URL=http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlodocs/80R/billtext/pdf/SB01368I.pdf ]web page[/URL]

Posts: 3 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
In fact, this bill never even got out of the gate. A related House bill, HB 727, did pass out of committee in a very different form, but it failed to pass the House b/c of a deadline. For the curious, you can check it out here:

HB 727 information

In other words, neither of these bills ever got close to passing. Chalk it up to another spurious internet rumor. (Don't worry, there will be more as we approach Sept. 1!)

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I heard the rumor from a biker forum. Thank you Shannon for your response.

Posts: 3 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post