TDCAA Community
Example of Search Warrant to Cell Phone Co. for pics/video

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5340985611/m/9691068881

April 08, 2009, 15:47
Cary Beason
Example of Search Warrant to Cell Phone Co. for pics/video
Does anyone have an example of a search warrant to a cellular phone company for pics and video? I have sent a preservation letter to hold the records, but I would like an example to go by for the search warrant. I have a perv sending pics and video to a 15 yoa female.

Thanks in advance

Cary Beason
Investigator
Milam Co. District Attorney
April 09, 2009, 15:59
Stacey L. Brownlee
Do they want a subpoena or a court order ?
I can send you either but most cell companies want a "court order" and not a subpoena for pics, vids, emails and text.
April 13, 2009, 12:48
Cary Beason
I did a court order for historical cell phone data and cell phone tower information for this cell phone. They won't give the pictures, video or voice mail messages that are stored on thier server without a warrant. I am hoping for an example to go by otherwise I am going to have to make it from scratch.
April 13, 2009, 13:21
John Greenwood
I e-mailed you our format for such warrants. Hope they help.
April 14, 2009, 08:51
JK McCown
There are also some forms related to cell phones in Tom Bridges/Ted Wilson's book on Search and Seizure by TDCAA
April 28, 2009, 14:15
Richard Fergon
Does anyone have an example of a cell content court order (picture, text messages...). Also, does anyone have an example of a cell search warrant? Thanks!
April 29, 2009, 09:02
Stacey L. Brownlee
I sent both to your email. Let me know if you need something different.
May 02, 2009, 22:05
RWDickson
I haven't attended this course, but I've heard some positive feedback.

http://www.patc.com/training/detail.php?ID=7774
April 06, 2010, 13:00
GaryB
I just received a request for a cell phone search warrant from one of our PDs. I would appreciate it if someone could send us one to staff@33districtattorney.com Thanks in advance.
September 11, 2014, 13:06
mattturner
Can someone please email me a go buy for a cell phone search warrant.

mturner@ci.nederland.tx.us

Matt Turner
Jefferson County Narcotics Task Force