TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Investigators    Diane Wilson
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Diane Wilson Login/Join 
posted
It is with an extremely heavy heart that I post this. Anyone on this forum knows Diane Wilson from Tom Green County (San Angelo). She died early this morning. Diane had a very sudden onset of illness that was quickly diagnosed as terminal cancer, and died this morning among family and friends.

Visitation is on Sunday, Jan 2nd from 6-8PM at Johnson Funeral Home (435 W. Beauregard, san Angelo). Services will be at 1 PM on Monday, January 3rd at the Glen Meadows Baptist Church - 6002 Knickerbocker Rd, San Angelo, TX. Procession to Lawnhaven memorial Gardens at 4989 FM hwy 1223.

Diane was the matriarch of prosecutor investigators. She had and was serving on the board, had recieved recognition from the Investigator Board repeatedly and was (as I learned more than a decade ago) the person to go to in San Angelo. We all knew things would work out during the Yearning for Zion raids when we saw Diane telling everyone where they needed to be on National News coverage. We all knew an evening at Investigator school would be lively and fun when we saw her walk through the door. She will be missed, but only fondly remembered.

Rest in Peace Diane

Posts: 293 | Location: Austin, TX, US | Registered: September 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very well worded, Clay.

Diane's positive attitude and sense of humor (for me - particularly during TDCAA seminar poker games...) will be sorely missed. Smile

She was one in a million.

Brent

Posts: 115 | Location: Denton, TX, USA | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was very saddened to learn that Diane Wilson had died. She and I share the same last name but we are not related.

The one thing that I am most proud of during my years as a prosecutor is that the I was appointed by TDCAA to be a member of the Investigator Board. Because of that opportunity I got to know Diane and all of the other dedicated law enforcement officers who "make us look good" by working as investigators for prosecutors throughout this state.

Diane simply "lit up the room" when she walked in. She was beautiful, talked to everyone as if she came in from San Angelo just to get the chance to talk to them, and she was someone that TDCAA appreciated and listened to when it came to issues involving investigators.

I will miss her a lot. To the prosecutors and investigators in San Angelo, you were fortunate to have Diane for the years that you did. Ginny and all of the investigators, especially those who are on the Investigator Board, I share the sorrow that I know you all feel at this time.

Ted Wilson

Posts: 32 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: February 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Irreplaceable.
A loss that can never be truly recovered from.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, she was all that and so much more. I miss her so much already. Whether you knew her personally or professionaly, you were her friend forever. Love ya, mean it, Diane

Posts: 62 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just found out about Diane passing.

What a life and a legacy.

Clear skies and fair winds my friend.

Lamar

Posts: 3 | Location: Lockhart, TX | Registered: November 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rest in Peace Diane. This is a great loss, Diane was always a great help any time you needed it.

Posts: 1 | Location: Georgetown, TX | Registered: March 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post