TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Appellate    CCA amends TRAP immediately
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CCA amends TRAP immediately Login/Join 
posted
Please make sure you read these revised rules:

http://www.cca.courts.state.tx.us/rules/12-001.pdf

Posts: 444 | Location: Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I cannot. The font is too small.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And too many words.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Because they have eliminated page limits, I have decided to try writing a brief with only one word per page--I like white space. Maybe I can make it work like those flip-book movies I used to make in my class notebooks during elementary school.

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried that once. When I was the caretaker for the Overlook hotel.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How is everyone doing their certificate of compliance. Do we need to put the word count on it or just that is complies with the rules?

Posts: 419 | Location: Abilene, TX USA | Registered: December 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been putting the number of words because the rule says "stating the number of words in the document."

Posts: 67 | Registered: February 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I quess I should have reread the rule better before I posted. I probably read it that way on the first brief because I did put the word count, but just forgot what it said

Posts: 419 | Location: Abilene, TX USA | Registered: December 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The increased typeface changes the number of lines of print per page (by 2, down to 20). The number of words per line may drop by an average of 15-18% in Times New Roman (depending, of course, on the average length of your words). So what was a 10 page brief becomes 11 1/2 pages, 20 pages becomes closer to 23, and so forth.

Warning to all trees growing in the judicial forest: The new rule may mean 15 fewer of each 100 of you do not survive to maturity. Call your attorney liasons to urge more concise briefing. Good luck with that.

Posts: 2385 | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We've been double siding our briefs for a while. It saves a lot of paper.

Posts: 527 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas, | Registered: May 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone else beside Tarrant County use both sides of the paper?

Posts: 444 | Location: Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We double-side in El Paso. Makes it easier to bind as well.

JM

Posts: 14 | Location: El Paso, TX, U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Double siding. I like it. We've been efiling, but our COA wants paper copies. Hmmmm.

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post