TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Appellate    Update
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Update Login/Join 
posted
Anyone notice a change in how newly filed writs are numbered in the CCA?

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not, but it has been a couple weeks since I got back a filing card. I hope it hasn't changed too much because it took me forever to figure out how to link my database to the CCA web page.

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That said, I hate the way writs often get two numbers, the WR and the AP. Seems to me the record keeping would be easier if they only had one number.

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, John, as of the last hand-down, they will start using only one number for writs filed and set.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's an AP number on the laches writ opinion--is that just a holdover? If the WR number becomes the sole number for writs, I think that will be fine with me. Razz

posted Hide Post
I think it starts with new cases coming in. So, older cases will retain those double numbers. Still, it's a good start.