TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Appellate    Kutzner & Franklin
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kutzner & Franklin Login/Join 
posted
Is everybody else as happy as I am about Kutzner and Franklin from this week's hand-down? (In fact, I must even now take a break from typing this message to turn a few more cartwheels right here in my office. There. That's better.) In Kutzner, I think Hervey really nailed it as far as plugging some of the more prominent holes in the DNA statute. And in Franklin, Meyers went a long way towards stuffing the Elizando genie back into the Herrera bottle.

Hats off to Gail McConnell (prosecutor in Kutzner) and Chuck Mallin (prosecutor in Franklin). Hip hip.

Matthew

Posts: 13 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 29, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Matthew, you are right to be happy, but Paul Womack still gets it right in his concurrence when he says you can't read Herrera to create an independent due process cause of action for a claim of innocence. It just isn't politically correct to say it right now.

John Bradley
District Attorney
Williamson County, Texas

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think we need to see the pictures of Matthew, Jeff and Betty doing cartwheels in their office.

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post