TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Appellate    "This brief is hard!"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"This brief is hard!" Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I like cases with lots of big, color photos. Anyone scan pictures and put them in your brief? I hear judges like pictures.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fair enough. When will the illustrated version of The Perfect Plea be published?

JAS

Posts: 586 | Location: Denton,TX | Registered: January 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JB:
I like cases with lots of big, color photos. Anyone scan pictures and put them in your brief? I hear judges like pictures.
I'm ready to do it if I think it will help me. Haven't had the right case yet since I've had the tools necessary.

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why go half way? Insert PowerPoint shows too-with music. They would be a welcome relief from some of written briefs.

JAS

Posts: 586 | Location: Denton,TX | Registered: January 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, a brief with embedded powerpoint slides and maybe your DWI video or video confession. That would be cool. I don't know if my local court of appeals is ready for that. What might work better is links in a brief to media served on the internet.

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can we just skip the writing and simply post our response on YouTube, a la a the opening statement from My Cousin Vinny?

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's the best idea yet.

posted Hide Post
Given the impossibility of getting actual oral argument granted, YouTube is sounding mighty good.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I vote for Marisa Tomie to play the State role on any video version. Her lines in My Cousin Vinny were delieverd in awesome style.

JAS

posted Hide Post
quote:

Oh, and JB, I think I prefer Garamond. It gives your brief just that extra flair.

That's an interesting point. I'm more of a Palatino man myself, but I always crank up the point size for tired judicial eyes.

Posts: 374 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JAS:
I vote for Marisa Tomie to play the State role on any video version. Her lines in My Cousin Vinny were delieverd in awesome style.

JAS

Well, I often refer to my biological clock in responses.

But that's just me.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When that actually works for you, David, let me know!

JAS

posted Hide Post
Well, I never said it worked (or even that it would be a wonderful world if it did).

But hers was a funny line delivered well.

[This message was edited by David Newell on 09-04-08 at .]