TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Appellate    McNeely
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

McNeely Login/Join 
posted
I'm not lazy...I just know my limitations...OK, I'm a little lazy. But has anyone one done any actual writing on this McNeely thing. I am already getting motions to suppress based on McNeely and I sure would like to put together a suitable memo defending at least the "mandatory" blood draw situations.

Posts: 130 | Location: Hempstead, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Montgomery County has. Send Warren or myself an email and we can send it along.

L.

Posts: 21 | Location: Conroe | Registered: May 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So far, the answer is found in procedural default:

Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That said, contact the folks in Montgomery County. Lane and Warren (and the other folks who have undoubtedly contributed) have put a lot of thought into this issue.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agreed. The long-term solution is to get the Texas mandatory blood draw laws affirmed on the theory that the defendant, by accepting his driver's license, has already consented to providing a sample of his breath or blood. Such a solution would also avoid litigating every single blood draw case to see if there were exigent circumstances.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We have at least a half-dozen McNeely-related documents on our DWI page, FYI.

http://www.tdcaa.com/dwi/index.html

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post