TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Appellate    CROSS APPEALS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CROSS APPEALS Login/Join 
posted
Today in Pfeiffer (as in Michelle Pfeiffer), the CCA ruled the State is not required to file a separate notice of appeal to pursue a cross-appeal:
http://www.cca.courts.state.tx....ASP?OPINIONID=22380 This opinion overturned the majority of the COAs that had reached the issue. Judge Cochran, writing for the majority in this 8-1 decision, gave her usual brilliant analysis.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: John A. Stride,

Posts: 444 | Location: Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let me hammer on that stake a few times, too. Good riddance! Thankfully, cross-appeals, like vampires, are fairly rare.

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Until they step into the sunlight. Then they are considerably less rare.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't cross appeals repel vampires?

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only civil cross appeals.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I mean silver, not civil. My bad.

posted Hide Post
Silver is the repellent. Civil is the source, much like Transylvania.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Then I must not be a vampire, because I never found civil as appealing as criminal law. Though I do tend to sparkle in the sunlight on those rare occassions I take my shirt off at the beach.

posted Hide Post
Yes, I have no doubt that you sparkle, Newell.

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Newell:
Though I do tend to sparkle in the sunlight on those rare occassions I take my shirt off at the beach.
Put it on! Put it all on!

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnR:
Put it on! Put it all on!

Oh don't worry. My preferred beach attire is a turtleneck.