TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Appellate    Paperwork for appeal
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Paperwork for appeal Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone out there have the paperwork used by the state to file a criminal appeal (notice of appeal, docketing statement, designation of record, etc.)? Our judge suppressed some evidence and we plan to appeal. Since this is a first for me, I would like to see how someone else has done it.

Posts: 40 | Location: New Braunfels, Texas, USA | Registered: April 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Send me your email address and I'll send you what we use. Good luck with your appeal!

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have that also, if you need it. Don't forget to request findings of facts and include what you believe the findings to be. (See State v. Cullen, 195 SW3d 696 (Tex Crim App 2006), State v. Oages, 210 SW3d 643 (Tex Crim App 2006). I have my propsed findings of fact for Oages on remand - this was a legal issue regarding New York v. Belton rule in search incident to arrest where trial court basically said Texas Constitution provides greater protection. On remand trial court's legal ruling was reversed.

Posts: 419 | Location: Abilene, TX USA | Registered: December 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd appreciate a copy of the paperwork to my e-mail. Thanks!

Posts: 88 | Location: Rusk, Texas | Registered: January 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll email you a sample of what we use. TDCAA has a good appellate manual, including State's appeals, for future reference.

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post