TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Appellate    CCA Judge Holcomb retiring 12/31/10
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CCA Judge Holcomb retiring 12/31/10 Login/Join 
posted
As expected, if not quite so soon, Judge Holcomb (77) is leaving the CCA bench--at the end of this year. Gov. Perry will have the opportunity to appoint someone new. Any guesses on the candidates?

Posts: 444 | Location: Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let's hope it is a person with substantial experience in criminal law and a conservative approach to interpreting that law. Holcombe was a disappointment on both counts. Perhaps someone with prosecution experience as well.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
J.B.

Posts: 104 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tom Gray.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The World is not yet ready for Tom Gray, but I do like his style.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree on both counts. However, I would not be surprised if the Texas Supreme Court would be more to his liking in light of his background in civil law.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post