TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Appellate    Federal habeas -- extradition
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Federal habeas -- extradition Login/Join 
posted
We have a fellow in our jail who does not want to return to scene of the crime, as it were. We had an extradition trial and he has appealed it and finally been refused on PDR. Now he has filed a writ in federal court. Does anyone have a stock response or advice on responding to a writ of this kind. Thanks.

Posts: 21 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: March 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RBowman:
We have a fellow in our jail who does not want to return to scene of the crime, as it were.

This post gave me a much needed laugh. I wish I had something to help.

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You might contact the AG's office, post litigation division. They might be willing to help. I don't know what he is claiming but it may not be a cognizaable claim for a federal writ if it is just challenging extradition itself.

Posts: 419 | Location: Abilene, TX USA | Registered: December 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post