TDCAA Community
Efiling differences in courts of appeals

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6050918821/m/8167028216

January 09, 2014, 11:55
JohnR
Efiling differences in courts of appeals
Ok, so our cases are often transferred to other courts of appeals. I have discovered differences in the implementation of the new "envelope" method of efiling among three courts where we have pending business. If you are going to be filing multiple documents at once, say a brief with a contemporaneous motion, you should check with your court ahead of time to see how they want you to do it. And then be prepared for them to change their mind on you. Smile So far, however, the process has been relatively painless, and free is so much better than not free.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JohnR,
January 16, 2014, 09:22
ekquisenberry
Thanks John!

We have had a lot of fun getting the e-filing system to accept our log-ins, but I've submitted our first brief and everything seems to be running smoothly now.
January 16, 2014, 11:57
JohnR
I'm pretty darn happy. If the courts would just print their own copies I'd say it was perfection.
June 09, 2014, 12:17
JohnR
Joy! Fifth Court of Appeals dropped their 3-hardcopy requirement this month. We are in the 21st century.
June 11, 2014, 10:51
JB
If only the court of criminal appeals would do the same...
August 02, 2014, 10:55
Martin Peterson
Efiling has brought us one wonderful reward from the CCA. Starting June 30, copies of PDRs that are filed are now being posted on their website. You really no longer have to depend on a copy being sent to you by the Petitioner on a timely basis and there is arguably no better way of catching the latest legal issues.