TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Appellate    Anders Response
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anders Response Login/Join 
posted
Must you respond to both the issues raised by the Appellant's original attorney and the issues raised pro se or just one or the other?

Posts: 69 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We usually don't reply to Anders briefs, just a brief letter that basically says "we agree there are no non-frivolous issues". If you were going to reply, though, I would reply to the ones raised by the defendant pro se. The defense attorney presumably already explained why the issues he raised are frivolous.

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with Andrea. I don't think it's necessary to respond to an Anders brief. However, if you are going to respond, I would only respond (if necessary)to the pro se issues.

Posts: 7 | Location: Brazos County | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We do a letter brief reply indicating we agree with the Anders brief and will not be filing a full brief.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I file a letter waiving my right to reply.

Posts: 286 | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responses. I replied to the pro se brief.

Posts: 69 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post