TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Appellate    WL Drafting Assistant
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WL Drafting Assistant Login/Join 
posted
We're about start using Westlaw drafting assistant. I was curious if lots of offices have it or are planning to get it.

The training session makes it look great but none of us have actually tried using it.

Posts: 527 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas, | Registered: May 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have it, but only as part of something else. If you start to use it and find it useful, I'd love it if you'd drop me an email and tell me how you're using it.

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used the link adding feature for a brief filed last week. The main issues I had with it were (1) the appearance of the links all needed to be changed because it underscores and turns the entire cite blue; (2) a couple of the links didn't work and I had to rework the cite to make the link work; and (3) a couple of the links only appeared in an appropriate part of the cite.

It's not bad, but it would be nice to hear whether the Court's even care about adding this to a brief.

Posts: 67 | Registered: February 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John, I update my citations with it, check the format of all my citations with it and build the table of authorities with it. It isn't perfect (sometimes it locks up my word processor) but it speeds things along quite nicely..................

Posts: 11 | Location: GRAYSON CO. | Registered: July 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Legitimate associates for the most part meeting witnesses, draft letters and authoritative reports, plan hearings, and do lawful research. Pay can extend anyplace from about $20,000 to $50,000 or possibly more - it relies on upon the geographic territory, the firm, the experience level, and the region of practice. Tutoring can be anything from a secondary school recognition to a partner's degree to a four year college education Essay Writing Service . Some lawful colleagues have been to graduate school, yet that is uncommon on the grounds that a great many people who go to graduate school invest all that energy and cash to end up legal counselors. A legitimate partner ought to be great with PCs and have the capacity to sort well.

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post