TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Key Personnel    Good news
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good news Login/Join 
posted
I wanted to share the fact that we finished a trial yesterday and the defendant is going down for 20 years!! It was an aggravated assault with SBI. The victim had to basically have his face reconstructed; it was completely detached from his skull. The defendant went to the Judge for punishment and got the maximum. The Judge is a newly elected so he really sent a message. The co-defendant should be shaking in his boots this morning!!!

Posts: 42 | Location: McKinney TX | Registered: June 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why don't we fill this thread of the forum with stories of the good things we do big or small. A victory is a victory. Come on people sing out we need to be proud of what we do!!

Posts: 42 | Location: McKinney TX | Registered: June 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have a murder trial coming up next week and I'm happy to say that our "key witness" was FINALLY served his subpoena. He had to be hunted down but thanks to the help of our Sheriff's Department the deed has been done. Now on to the trial!!

posted Hide Post
After 12 hours of deliberation that lasted until midnight on Wednesday night we got a guilty verdict on our murder trial. The jury didn’t buy the self-defense theory but neither did we. Thursday was for punishment. The defense ask for and was granted a sudden passion special issue. I’ve never had to deal with the sudden passion issue in a Court’s Charge, not a big deal but always interesting to do something new. The jury sentenced the defendant to 20 yrs. Not enough in my opinion but they didn’t ask my opinion and anyone that knows me, would know I always have a spare opinion I’m willing to share!! Shout out to my First Asst. Jeromie Oney for an awesome job.

posted Hide Post
Thumbs up on your office's guilty verdict, the "sudden passion" defense in the charge is a new one, I am eager to run this past our prosecutors!!

Posts: 3 | Location: Galveston, Texas US | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are preparing for yet another murder trial. The number of witnesses in this one is staggering! I can say it is making me a better Paralegal. Each trial teaches me something. I’ve learned to modify the way I do things and become more efficient and being flexible is always important. I’ll keep you posted on the trial.

posted Hide Post
The murder trial I spoke about in my previous post is now a thing of the past!! We concluded last night with the defendant being sentenced to 40 years and a $10,000 fine for murder AND 15 years with a $10,000 fine for the Agg Assault SBI of the second victim. The District Attorney Lynn Switzer and Assistant District Attorney Jason Ferguson did an amazing job! I am so proud to be a part of this team.