TDCAA Community
New products, programs and websites

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6750936611/m/5421041912

April 19, 2011, 09:25
Evelyn
New products, programs and websites
Check out TLO.com free to Law Enforcement and Prosecutor’s Offices. Nice tool for locating witnesses, victims and defendants. It is similar to what you get on Lexus or Westlaw, but the people search on those can be expensive. This is free. It was recommended to me by one of my Police Departments. I’ve registered and am waiting for confirmation.
April 26, 2011, 16:34
lindagalvco
This is a good resource to have! Will check it out!
April 26, 2011, 19:58
L McCall
What option did you register under? Law enforcement or prosecutor or something else?
May 10, 2011, 12:51
Evelyn
Sorry I didn't reply earlier. I've been out of the office for what seems forever!! I signed up under Law Enforcement but was told we would need a certified peace officer on staff for that. So they changed my account to Government and it is still free.
May 20, 2011, 15:23
Evelyn
the TLO website is amazing. It has been very useful in locating witnesses for our upcoming murder trial. Between TLO and the people on Facebook who list their phone numbers.....never understand that....I am almost done hunting people. Of course TLO is only a tool you still have to make phone calls making connections and tracking people but TLO does give you a lot of trails to follow.
June 08, 2011, 14:37
Evelyn
How many of you have used Google SketchUp? It is a free program that will allow you to create a 3-D version of a scene. We used it a couple of years ago in a case. I've learned more about the program and of course it has updated a time or two over the years. I am currently working on two SketchUps another murder case, the second will require a 3-D house that when rotated will show the defendant hiding in the crawl space under the house. For a free program you just can't beat Google SketchUp. If you want to try to learn the program, feel free to call or email. I would be happy to share what I've learned so far.