TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Key Personnel    Court's Charge
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Court's Charge Login/Join 
posted
How many of you are responsible for the Court’s Charge during a jury trial? I’ve found that in most districts the prosecutor’s office is the one to provide the charge and make modifications at the request of the Court. The Court’s Charge is part of my duties as Litigation Paralegal and it has been learn as you go for me. How many of you would benefit from a class on preparing charges? We could schedule one for our next KP seminar. If you have other suggestions please feel free to pass them on along with your recommendation for the instructor.

Posts: 42 | Location: McKinney TX | Registered: June 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't do them now but I used to do them. Let me know if I can help. I'm pretty sure I have the ones I did on disk.

Posts: 16 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: August 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do court charges and would love to see this topic at Key Personnel Seminar!!

Posts: 2 | Location: United States | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been doing jury charges for 17 years and there are still times that I feel that I could use a refresher course (of course, like most of you, I never had the beginning course, I was just thrown to the mercy of the court and the prosecutors). I think it would be a great idea to have a class on jury charges at a Key Personnel Seminar.

Posts: 3 | Location: Liberty County | Registered: December 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a great idea!

Serena Hooper

Posts: 4 | Location: Andrews, Texas | Registered: June 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post