TDCAA Community
iPhone App

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7173011657/m/3781017291

July 24, 2009, 20:42
Katherine McAnally
iPhone App
Any chance TDCAA is going to turn any of the fabulous annotated CCP or PC into an app for the latest smart phones??

Katherine McAnally
July 27, 2009, 08:32
Diane Beckham
I wish I could tell you we're on the cusp of new technology for our books, but with only two staff people to handle all of the TDCAA publications (me to write/edit/format and the fabulous Andrew Smith to ship/bill/process payments/do customer service), we don't feel like we could give the adequate amount of time and attention to customer service on electronic versions of the codes. And without that backup in place, it would be pretty frustrating for everybody.

Current planned expansions for TDCAA staff do not include the publications department -- the priority is on hiring a new appellate lawyer and a new victim services liaison. So unless one of those two also happens to be technologically gifted, you probably won't see changes to our book publication format in the near future.

The publications committee meets annually to discuss all things book, and this May, the group decided that TDCAA should explore -- but not commit to -- electronic publishing avenues like PDF files. The main issue they identified with electronic publication would be having a lot of security in place so that the books can't be copied. We'll be looking into that over the next two years and trying to assess the needs of people using the books. I'm definitely making note of your request, and I'd love to hear from anyone else who is interested in electronic format.

Our first entry would probably be something that is universally accessible rather than in a format that only a fraction of the reader population would be able to use, so if you give me feedback on this issue, please let me know what format(s) would be most useful.

In the meantime, we appreciate your support, and I hope the books are helpful -- even in Old School format.
August 03, 2009, 11:32
Katherine McAnally
Thanks for looking into it!! WE LOVE YOUR BOOKS, That's why we want them in a more portable format!! There are apps for the PC and CCP. They just don't compare to your annotated versions! I hope someday we could find a way to do that. However, I understand the logistics of updates would be difficult!

Katherine McAnally
September 10, 2010, 10:10
Scott M. Tidwell
According to their magazine, our brothers at TCDLA have an app for criminal statutes and codes. Maybe they would share?