TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Publication Updates    2009 Intoxication Manslaughter Book Update
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2009 Intoxication Manslaughter Book Update Login/Join

posted
I am in the process of updating this book for a projected January 2009 publication date. I would appreciate any input on topics or documents that the old edition lacked that I might add to the new one. Thanks

Richard Alpert

Posts: 261 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about adding a section directed solely to peace officers about court demeanor and testifying. I am continously amazed at the number of our Troopers who have never testified in a DWI criminal trial!

Janette A

Posts: 674 | Location: Austin, Texas, United States | Registered: March 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fondren Forensics Inc., offers this very class to officers. In fact, it was just held last month in Grapevine and Mr. Alpert was one of the speakers, along with representatives of Denton, Colin, and Dallas Counties.

It can be offered anywhere within the State. If you want to be notified next time its offered, or if you would like it taught at your department, that can be arranged too.

Posts: 70 | Location: Ft. Worth, Texas | Registered: October 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think a few pages developing the use of EMS records and ambulance personnel testimony would be helpful. These witnesses are very credible and often "wheel" the driver, observe signs of intoxication, and admissions of the offense. EMS reports can be admissible and are generally more readable and less technical than other medical evidence, but need some testimony to develop the significance.

Posts: 261 | Location: Lampasas, Texas, USA | Registered: November 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post