TDCAA Community
Prosecutor of the World

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/157098965/m/1513021607

April 04, 2003, 19:19
Martin Peterson
Prosecutor of the World
John B., I was under the impression that the law, and particularly the criminal law, was merely the expression of the legislature's and courts' philosophy for our societal needs and thus a proper topic for discussion here. Perhaps you meant ideology. Ideologues like Duer should have a different forum or study "how to win friends and influence people" with greater intensity.
April 06, 2003, 09:37
JB
For an NPR story on the International Criminal Court (and why the US didn't attend opening ceremonies), go to NPR's web site.
April 10, 2003, 21:46
JK McCown
I feel like I just entered a parallel universe. (See posting at end of previous page) John's New Year's Resolution? April Fools? Dan, what have they done with your brother? Wink
April 11, 2003, 08:55
DPB
Jana, I figured the stress finally got to him. Fear not, he is soon headed to Jazz Fest and will likely return to his old self, hounding ne'er-do-wells and bondsmen into meek submission. Until then, someone take notes. And tell me if he starts dressing in softer tones.
April 11, 2003, 16:40
JK McCown
uh-oh. Did I tell you that he has a whole wardrobe of pastel colored dress shirts?
April 22, 2003, 06:32
JB
The United States is not among the 78 countries subject to the new International Criminal Court, but the first prosecutor tapped for the court has spent a lot of time in the United States recently. Luis Moreno Ocampo, 50, is currently a visiting professor of Latin American studies at Harvard University and previously taught at Stanford University. But the Buenos Aires-based attorney's credentials for the post come from his days as a prosecutor of Argentine military figures for human rights violations during the "dirty war" in the 1980s. Moreno Ocampo has worked on anti-corruption issues for the World Bank and the United Nations and in several Latin American countries. He starts his new job in June.