TDCAA Community
Defendant Grammar/Spelling

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/157098965/m/2281009971

October 29, 2008, 08:46
Jeff Swain
Defendant Grammar/Spelling
Am I the only one who despairs for our educational system and our future when I read statements from suspects or witnesses? Here's part of the one I just read:

"I wint to the houm to fiks the ripstik nokt on the dor a amnada ansrd the dor and i ask if I cud coum in tofiks me ripstik she sind yes... I got up and whit awt sidy and my mom and my dad was out sidy i ask my dad if i cud sate to nity tha sid yes and my dad sid i am tirdy if my haus bring a hotill..."

This guy is 19. At first, I wasn't sure this was written in English.
October 29, 2008, 08:50
David Newell
Are you prosecuting a LOLcat?

Or maybe Robert Burns.
October 29, 2008, 09:42
Robert S. DuBoise
"I wint to the houm to fiks the ripstik nokt on the dor a amnada ansrd the dor and i ask if I cud coum in tofiks me ripstik she sind yes... I got up and whit awt sidy and my mom and my dad was out sidy i ask my dad if i cud sate to nity tha sid yes and my dad sid i am tirdy if my haus bring a hotill...".[/QUOTE]

Upon review it's clear to me that his ripstick was broken after it talked to his dad on the porch and went to the hotel---whats the problem? LOL.
October 29, 2008, 10:16
Scott Brumley
I'll bet he gave a "rejestized" statement, didn't he?
October 29, 2008, 10:47
bgreer
I'm sure he will ask for preferred adjudification as well.
October 29, 2008, 11:57
A.P. Merillat
After he fixed his broken ripstik, he got new strings for his banjo.
October 29, 2008, 13:20
AlexLayman
Hooked on Fonix!
October 30, 2008, 05:28
Lisa Peterson
Sorry, guys, but I can beat that one - -

Ever respond to a "hava corpse" motion??!!

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney
October 30, 2008, 07:33
Jeff Swain
Is that what you use in lieu of habeas corpus to get someone released from the morgue?
October 30, 2008, 07:46
Marletta Scribner
Having been born and raised in a small, hick town, I am able to read, decipher and speak "Hillbonics"....comes in quite handy when reading jail mail. Smile
November 04, 2008, 02:36
John B. Lyons
Our public schools are more worried about teaching our kids how to pass a TEST, than they are about providing a true education.

Text messaging, MySpace and computers with spell check aren't helping either.
November 04, 2008, 08:48
Shannon Edmonds

November 04, 2008, 09:12
<Bob Cole>
"Money loddering""

Not kidding.

And just now- "manurizms"
November 04, 2008, 11:18
APorter
Shannon,

If your badge just had "8th Grade" added to it (along with "the mark of Zorro"), then the badge would be perfect! (I'd love to order about a dozen of those for people I know.)
November 04, 2008, 13:18
John Talley
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Swain:
Is that what you use in lieu of habeas corpus to get someone released from the morgue?

I think it is what you file before you tender a corpse to the morge. (For those of you that have a corpse or two out in the yard, that you are tired of having to mow around.)
November 05, 2008, 19:56
jws
STOP! This conversation belongs on the "corroboration, cowobboration" thread!