TDCAA Community
IRS contact

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/157098965/m/2551018311

January 13, 2006, 09:58
DPB
IRS contact
I need to speak with someone within the IRS today, but have had no luck finding a live body, just 800 numbers and recordings. Does anybody have a contact for someone in investigations? I have a money seizure that I probably want to clue the IRS to since the guy admits he has not filed tax returns in at least four years. I have a time constraint to deal with so quick help is welcome.
January 13, 2006, 11:47
Terry Breen
What I do, Dan, when I can't get ahold of someone at an agency, is move up the ladder. You might call Wash. DC information, and ask for the phone number of the Sec'y of the Treasury, or if you don't want to go that high, ask for the Director of IRS. I doubt that you'll be put thru to a cabinet member, but eventually you'll find someone who knows a magic number to call.

Another alternative: if you know a real live FBI nor DEA special agent, they probably can find a number for IRS investigations.
January 13, 2006, 11:59
Stacey L. Brownlee
Dan,

I'd call the US Attorney's Office in Beaumont.
Or the Bankruptcy Court there.
I'll bet they know a good #.
January 23, 2006, 16:11
Wesley Wittig
I know it's late, but call Special Agent Paul Duncan - Criminal Investigation Divison of the IRS at 281-721-8320.
January 25, 2006, 09:28
DPB
Thanks to all. The IRS is a tough nut to crack. When you cold call, they act suspicious about how you got the number. We are, perhaps, making progress.