TDCAA Community
Witness in Federal Prison

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/157098965/m/275101323

April 28, 2005, 08:44
Jeff Swain
Witness in Federal Prison
We need to get a witness out of federal prison to testify on one of our cases. I have the paperwork for getting a defendant out of the federal pen, but don't have anything for the witness situation. Does anyone have the right set of documents?
April 28, 2005, 09:27
Tree Chamberlain
Need a writ of habeas corpus ad testificandum -- I have one. tchamberlain@rockwallcountytexas.com
January 14, 2010, 16:26
TS
I have two defendants that have just been sentenced to fed pen time but are still in a local county jail. US Marshall says I have to file a writ in Fed Dist Court to get them for one day for plea hearing. Anyone have forms?
January 19, 2010, 11:47
Jeff Swain
I've got forms to get defendants out of the federal pen both to testify and to handle their cases. You've got one in state custody, so I think you just need a regular bench warrant. I can send you the federal forms, if you need them. However, I don't think they're applicable to your situation.
January 19, 2010, 16:30
TS
Actualy my guy is not in state custody. He is being housed in the county jail for the US Marshalls pending transfere to the Federal Pen. I have forms to get them from the Federal Pen, but would like to get them before they ship out to avoid transportation costs. The Marshalls office says I have to file with the Federal District Judge before Marshalls can release then to the State.