TDCAA Community
NGRI now what?

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/157098965/m/3511049822

December 15, 2011, 10:02
Gordon LeMaire
NGRI now what?
Okay, D is charged with UUMV & Assault Public Servant (3rd degree). Found Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity. Once maximum term of imprisonment ends what do we do? (What judgment)
December 19, 2011, 06:39
Floyd L. Jennings
I believe the order I sent you tracks both options (a) a finding of dangerous conduct, and (b) non-dangerous conduct. Initial commitment is for 90 days, renewed for 1 yr and renewed annually subsequently - potentially, (if the standard is met, i.e.dangerousness to others only) - for the maximum term the person could have received had they been convicted, rather than acquitted. The renewal is to a state facility and the court can review (and, potentially, refuse to accept) the facility's proposal to discharge the patient.

Go to sleep for a few nights reading 46C, I proffer it as a cure for insomnia.
December 19, 2011, 08:44
Gordon LeMaire
Kinda like the aircraft technical manual when I was flying, huh?

Thanks, I asked this question before the staff got the answer. I probably shouldn't be impatient.
December 19, 2011, 11:48
Floyd L. Jennings
Just call me anytime - answering these questions from across the state is what I do -- I don't care whether the source is the court or either party, I'll just tell you how I read the law.
September 09, 2013, 09:18
sch
Ok, I have one of these. Everyone agrees he was insane at time offense, both defense and our expert. Is there a standardized judgment for this?