TDCAA Community
What Death Row needs is . . .

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/157098965/m/3991033341

January 19, 2007, 14:44
jws
What Death Row needs is . . .
According to Rep. Hodge, Death Row inmates are not getting to watch enough TV. (See HB 608 (Hodge, D-Dallas) permitting death row inmates to have access to television.) Now there's a popular position. I'm sure lots of folks are sitting around thinking, "Those poor capital murderers. They don't get to watch Wife Swap, or Dancing with the Stars, or even Prison Break. I think I'll write my state representative and complain." What if they HAD to watch some of these shows? Wouldn't that be cruel and unusual punishment?

What shows would you recommend for Death Row inmates?

[This message was edited by jane starnes on 01-19-07 at .]
January 19, 2007, 15:31
Aggregation
I think they should be required to watch HBO's OZ in its entirety. I think they would probably relate well.
January 19, 2007, 15:34
JB
Anything with Tammy Faye.
January 19, 2007, 15:53
Scott Brumley
Maybe they can get the box set of InJustice.
January 19, 2007, 16:08
GG
How about making them watch Flavor-Flav? That is cruel and unusual. I always thought that the Flav would make a good candidate for Cortez Templeton, P.I.

Did Cortez wear big goofy looking clock necklaces around his neck? Just curious...
January 19, 2007, 16:13
JB
Have them watch the closed circuit feed from every legislative committee hearing. Suicides will follow.
January 19, 2007, 17:01
Gretchen
American Idol. Never watched it myself, but I hear anyone can audition.
January 19, 2007, 22:09
GG
quote:
Originally posted by Gretchen:
American Idol. Never watched it myself, but I hear anyone can audition.

I have actually never seen American Idol either, although several of my friends, otherwise filled with common sense and intelligence, are enthralled with it and watch it every week. From what I hear, it is as tortuous as the first season of Survivor, starring Richard Hatch.

How about showing inmates videos of victim impact statements and eulogies and such? Yes, I know, cruel and unusual punishment...

Next thing you know they'll be demanding the internet, and dial up just wouldn't be good enough.
January 20, 2007, 10:09
A.P. Merillat
Make them watch the A.P. & the L.I. video from S. Padre, specifically that gut-wrenching so-called melody known as "Dueling Banjos." Then flash Ned Beatty photos on their cell walls throughout the hours, along w/ the accompanying animal sounds made famous in Ned's now legendary role.
January 20, 2007, 10:16
Stacey L. Brownlee
After watching an endless Barney loop for 5 straight days this week during the "ice storm", I will volunteer to send TDCJ all my son's Barney videos.
January 20, 2007, 10:58
Scott Brumley
Well, except for the video of the band. That's high art, not cruel and unusual punishment. Like Sylvester Stallone movies.
January 20, 2007, 14:01
RWDickson
Start at season one and have them watch only the first fifty minutes (with commercials)of every other episode of 24.
January 21, 2007, 21:44
Shannon Edmonds
This thread has been closed due to inappropriate posts (which have been deleted).