TDCAA Community
I need your BAD Video from DWI stops

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/157098965/m/4993029157

October 21, 2003, 16:15
Neel McDonald
I need your BAD Video from DWI stops
I have just finished watching maybe the worst-executed DWI stop I've ever seen on video, and it was an inspiration. I am conducting a DWI training session next month for local officers in my county, and of course I don't want to embarass any of our officers. So I'm looking to get copies of tapes where your officers made mistakes, so that I can incorporate them into my training session and the offending parties can remain anonymous. It's one thing to talk about what to do or not do in a stop, but it's much more instructive when you can let someone SEE examples of good and bad practices.

If you have any to share, I'll be glad to pay for copies and shipping, please call or e-mail me.

Neel McDonald
Freestone County Attorney's Office
118 E. Commerce
Fairfield, TX 75840
(903) 389-3977
rnm@justice.com
November 20, 2003, 12:11
Georgette Stovall
One's on the way...
November 24, 2003, 16:07
Neel McDonald
Thanks for the tape, Georgette. After seeing it, I'm thinking a plea to "littering" might be a good result. Sure hope you don't have to try it.
November 26, 2003, 12:57
Georgette Stovall
I met with that officer last night in fact, to go over the case. He was extremely defensive and rude for about 45 minutes, but eventually he seemed to come around. Hopefully he will be a little more cautious next time!

I have a suggestion for a 'what to do' hint for your students: get close-ups of the nystagmus on video esp. in those 6/6 2/8 0/4 cases.