TDCAA Community
MTR

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/157098965/m/5291099812

April 08, 2011, 16:14
JohnSmith87
MTR
My buddy was convicted of a DWI November 9, 2010 and sentenced one year probation. He admitted to and failed a UA on Jan 10 2011 and then on Feb. 15 2011 he admitted to his counselor at an Outpatient treatment center that he would fail a drug test and this resulted in a unsuccessful discharge since he had been there since late november. Since Febuary 15 he has completed community service, Victim Impact Panel, DWI education program, AA attendance and attained a sponsor and he is an A and B college student. He has 2 UA's a month and they all have been clean, he met with his PO on 4-4-11 and on 4-5-11 a motion to revoke was filed with a 5000 bond from the original case. He is very worried and I dont know what to tell him, any feedback is greatly appreciated. thanks.
April 08, 2011, 16:34
Brody V. Burks
Welcome to the TDCAA Bulletin Boards. The discussions in these user forums are for the benefit of prosecutors and their staff members, although we welcome relevant and appropriate input from other members of the criminal justice and government lawyer community. The opinions expressed on this forum are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of TDCAA, its staff, or any other member of the association. These forums are NOT a source of legal advice for citizens. Call the State Bar of Texas (800/204-2222) for information on seeking legal advice.
April 08, 2011, 16:41
bgreer
Tell him to quit violating probation for starters.
April 08, 2011, 17:00
GPuryear
You know that this is a prosecutor's forum, right? As in, we represent the State of Texas bringing charges against your friend....
April 08, 2011, 18:04
JohnSmith87
sorry, just looking for perspective for my friend, he is a good guy and i wanted to ease his mind. didn't mean to step over any boundaries.
April 09, 2011, 08:29
Quiet Man
Your friend should seek the advice of qualified legal counsel. We cannot give you advice to pass on to him because we represent the other side.