TDCAA Community
Casual Friday is a slippery slope.

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/157098965/m/5671002831

October 11, 2006, 13:24
DPB
Casual Friday is a slippery slope.
HAMILTON, Ohio (AP) -- A city prosecutor was charged with indecency after a security camera caught him walking around naked in a government building after business hours.

Scott Blauvelt, 35, was arrested Monday and charged with two counts of indecency. He was released from jail to await a hearing in the court where he usually works.

A guard monitoring a security camera spotted a nude man -- whom investigators identified as Blauvelt -- in a building that houses county offices the night of October 5, sheriff's Maj. Anthony Dwyer said. The night before, security video had captured Blauvelt naked in another area of the building, where city offices are located, Dwyer said.

Dwyer said investigators don't know why Blauvelt, who was alone, wasn't wearing clothes. He faces a month in jail and a $250 fine if convicted.

Blauvelt's lawyer, Michael Gmoser, said in a statement Tuesday that his client was seriously injured in a 2005 car accident, suffers from mental illness and is on medication for seizures.

"Scott Blauvelt is an American with a disability," he said.
October 11, 2006, 13:49
David Newell
naked prosecutor? or crazy prosecutor?

this didn't take place in georgetown, did it?
October 11, 2006, 14:19
GG
#1 It sounds like a song or a novel "Naked was the Prosecutor"

#2 DN, you stole my line.
October 11, 2006, 14:37
David Newell
steal from the best.
October 11, 2006, 14:44
Gordon LeMaire
Sounds more like "crazy naked prosecutor"
October 11, 2006, 15:00
sch
quote:
Originally posted by Gordon LeMaire:
Sounds more like "crazy naked prosecutor"

Isn't that a Bare Naked Ladies tribute band?
October 11, 2006, 15:08
Scott Brumley
"There are a million arguments in the heart of the naked prosecutor."
October 11, 2006, 15:36
A.P. Merillat
From the San Jose Tattletale Courthouse Watch column

(UP) Prosecutor Scott Blauvelt was seen at the County Clerk's office Wednesday afternoon, shortly after posting bail at the local calaboose. Seems he was demanding a handicapped parking permit, and was heard telling the deputy clerk that he was, in fact, a disabled American, and his lawyer could prove it. Blauvelt adamantly conveyed to the clerk, and this reporter, that the whole unfortunate incident started when his boss, the First Assistant, told him his "...suit was to be in the courtroom downstairs", and his "...briefs had to be on his desk by 8 the next morning." Scott bemoaned the fact that although he felt the demands placed on him by his superior were tantamount to sexual harassment, he, because of his American disability, felt compelled to obey the instructions, and at least he had the good sense to wait until after everyone left the courthouse before he took his suit and briefs to the appropriate places. This reporter did notice that Scott had the latest editions of The Perfect Plea and Mental Defenses under his arm, possible indicators of strategies he and his lawyer, Mr. Gmoser will be using. Stay tuned.
October 11, 2006, 15:37
Drew Gibbs
quote:
"Scott Blauvelt is an American with a disability," he said

when did nudism become a disability? can he collect SSI for this?
October 11, 2006, 15:43
JMH
I pledge to all of you out there that from this point on, my former Office parter, Larry, who is currently on vacation for the next 2 weeks, and as such can't defend himself here so I shall roast him somewhat, will be made to wear clothes at all times that he is posting on this website. Since he moved into his own office, I have been troubled that he would use that opportunity to do as the prosecutor in the story did, but at least he keeps the door closed and doesn't roam the halls. Still, it does give one a bit of a creeped out feeling knowing that he is probably working in the nude (doubly so if you have ever seen him in person - in person - not in the nude. don't even want to think about that.)
October 11, 2006, 16:32
GG
[QUOTE] when did nudism become a disability?/[QUOTE]

About 30 seconds after the defense attorney was retained in this case.
October 11, 2006, 16:59
David Newell
hey, speak for yourselves. nudity for me is a disability. just ask my wife.
October 11, 2006, 17:37
Shannon Edmonds
quote:
"Scott Blauvelt is an American with a disability ..."

God forbid anyone ever says that after seeing me naked!

Big Grin
October 11, 2006, 23:24
JB
There is no nudity in Georgetown. Why just last week, we threatened to prosecute anyone who would dare to undress. We take pride in our history of fully-clothed casual Friday.

[This message was edited by JB on 10-16-06 at .]
October 12, 2006, 10:26
GG
quote:
Originally posted by JB:
There is no nudity in Georgetown.

As I have long suspected was the case. Big Grin
October 12, 2006, 11:35
Scott Brumley
In Amarillo, we're not nude. But we are willing to learn.
October 12, 2006, 12:14
David Newell
let me know how that nudity workshop in commissioner's court goes, scott. it could turn into a train the trainers type of thing.
October 16, 2006, 11:38
APorter
Real Sex 53: Live from the Potter County Commissioners Court.

(I think it's time to start considering cancelling my subscription.)
October 16, 2006, 11:45
David Newell
shock video?
October 16, 2006, 13:18
GG
Whatever it is called, please stop talking about it, or else I'm going to get a mental image of it and that will just be too much for my PG rated mind to deal with.